WELCOME

Thank you for stopping by and sharing my world. Enjoy, leave a comment if you desire and return at your convenience.

Friday, January 12, 2024

CIU #295 - Something New

 


Hello and happy Friday, life has been a little wild lately but I'm pressing on.  Today's project share is my design team project for the Cut it Up challenge blog.  The theme for challenge #295 is A New Year (use a new tool, design, technique, idea, etc).

In my head I had a lot of things/ideas that would meet the criteria of the challenge theme but as life would have it I created this card using a new cover plate die and some color pops that I had from Scrapbook.com, a free item with a purchase.  So I am happy that I was able to use two new unused items from my stash. This may have been the first time that I tried the inlay technique too! Purple is one of my favorite colors so I just paired it with another sheet of paper that was sitting on my desk from another project. I am sharing my card for the January challenge #119 over at Path of Positivity challenge blog and #58 over at Never Before Used Stuff.

Now that you've seen my project, I hope you will visit the Cut it Up challenge blog for more design team inspiration, we have four new team members that recently joined.  I hope you will be inspired to create and share your  project using  something new from your crafty stash, don't forget to use a die, The challenge starts today and ends, Wednesday, January 24, 2024 at noon PST.

Thank you for your visit, take care and hurry back soon.

9 comments:

Willa Jean said...

Beautiful! That stencil provides a great clean cut and definitely the WOW factor!

ScrappyHorses said...

Wow, Treva, this is beautiful! Such a lovely design and the colors are perfect! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love it!!
Have a great day,
Gerda

Alyson Mayo said...

Very pretty with a clean and simple approach. Paper piecing can be time consuming but the result is always so fabulous!

Heather said...

What a beautiful cover plate die! A nice, simple and pretty card. Yeay for using new items AND for using up things that were already on your desk!!

Carrianne said...

I really love the floral cover die. The colors are gorgeous!

Helen said...

That's such a beautiful die and so effective.

Helen x

Darnell said...

This a beautiful inlaid floral design, Treva! I love the color and I also love the texture of the background panel you used! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

Suze said...

Lovely card Treva. I like that you just filled in one of the flowers for a spotlight.
Thank you for entering the New Beginnings Challenge at Path of Positivity.